Tuesday 11 December 2012

Challenge ahead: Back to the Classics

(did I say I wanted to go easy on the challenges in 2013??? no...)

For the third year in a row, Sarah reads too  much hosts one of my first challenges and which is still very close to my likes, Back to the Classics.  It may sound slightly nerdy, but what I just love about this challenge is the search to find that perfect title to match the categories Sarah sets.  I have included some of my picks for my Classics Club list, but, being the bookeater that I am, I've also included new Classics -typical...


My intentions so far:


  • A 19th Century Classic:  Mary Elizabeth Braddon - Lady Audley's secret
  • A 20th Century Classic: Edith Wharton - House of Mirth
  • A Pre-18th or 18th Century Classic:  Sophocles - Antigone
  • A Classic that relates to the African-American Experience: Maya Angelou - I know why the caged bird sings
  • A Classic Adventure: Arthur Conan Doyle - Sherlock Holmes:  A Scandal in Bohemia
  • A Classic that prominently features an Animal:  George Orwell - Animal Farm


Optional Categories:

  • Re-read a Classic: (many to choose from)
  • A Russian Classic: Fyodor Dostoyevski - Crime and Punishment
  • A Classic Non-Fiction title:  Charles Darwin - On the origin of Species
  • A Classic Children's/Young Adult title:  Jonathan Swift - Gulliver's travels
  • Classic Short Stories: Edgar Allan Poe - The Black Cat, The Masque of the Red Death, The Fall of the House of Usher

6 comments:

  1. Yay! So glad to have you in on the challenge again! I like the idea of Poe's short stories... I may do that too, as I have a couple on my Classics Club List :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Excellent - we can compare notes!

      Delete
  2. I don't think I'll be doing challenges next year - since I failed them all this year! - but if I was this one would be veeerryy tempting! I love anything with categories, really.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's nothing wrong with not fully succeeding! Go on, have a challenge!

      Delete
  3. I am joining in on Sarah's challenge this year too. Looking forward to what seeing what you read and review.

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...