Tuesday 9 December 2014

2015 challenge: Reading England

 It's time I got my blog mojo back, and there is no better way to ease this transition than a challenge!  
The fact that a reading list has been prepared in advance, plus the feeling of actually achieving a goal are beneficial (at least for me):  without further ado, my first challenge for 2015:  Reading England!
Hosted by O at Behold the Stars, the goal is to travel around England by reading novels (English or not) set in the various counties.  O has been kind enough to already provide a list with some of the more known books and which counties they refer to (including some counties I've never heard of...) so this should make my research easy.

I will not be very ambitious though:  I'm going for level 2, meaning 4-6 books.  I figured that it's better to aim low and get there than not.  This is the list with my intended reading:

  • The Tennant of Wildfell Hall by Anne Brontë (Cumbria)
  • Lady Chatterley's Lover by D. H. Lawrence (Nottinghamshire)
  • The Moonstone by W. Collins (Yorkshire)
  • Lady Audley's Secret by Mary Elizabeth Braddon (Essex)
  • Thank you, Jeeves by P. G. Wodehouse (Dorset)
  • The Invisible Man by H. G. Wells (Sussex)


Here's looking at 2015 with a fresh look!  I'll also be interested in learning about each of the counties I'm visiting, so as to better get into the spirit of the novel describing it.  Double the fun...




3 comments:

  1. Glad you're joining! I'll be reading Invisible Man and Lady Audley's Secret too :) Good luck, hope you enjoy it :)

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...